The Mystic is a class that the Enigma mod implements to the game. The Mystic class' weapons, armor, and accessories focus on providing three modes while still dealing mystic damage.
The class used three modes on each of mystic items. Whenever using these items while on these modes, they can be provided within three attacks and have the damage type, mystic which can be used against from enemies.
All mystic weapons have three mysticism modes with each buff accompanied to Potentia system: Destruction, Conjuration, and Illusion. These modes have unique special abilities while using mystic weapons:
- Destruction Mode: Focuses on dealing high DPS from either single target or groups of targets on hit.
- Illusion Mode: Focuses on inflicting debuffs.
- Conjuration Mode: Focuses on spawning huge amounts of projectiles.
When a Potentia runs out on a weapon, most weapons just stop being able to create projectiles. However, some are still able to function in Mystics Mode beyond firing a projectile. Examples of weapons that can function are Mystic Swords, which still swing even if they run out of Potentia, and Mystic Ranged weapons, which will consume ammo upon running out of Mystica and shoot them like a normal ranged weapon (but with Mystic damage).
Potentia is a new mechanic system that appears while holding a mystic weapon. To switch them, use the hotkey while holding any mystic item. Each Mysticism has its own Potentia: Lux for Destruction, Vis for Illusion, and Mundus for Conjuration. Potentia does not regen[by default]- the only way to get it back up is to use the other Potentias. Using 1 Potentia refills the other 2 by 50% [This can be buffed] of the amount used each. It separates from mana, making it a tempting choice for another class' backup. The maximum amount of Potentia (Or individually, Max Lux, Max Vis, or Max Mundus) can be buffed with accessories.
Potentia has a Overflow percentage where they can be recharged by using the other Potentias to over 100%. The default bonus amount is 25%, but this can be increased to any amount (It'll start to look weird on the UI if it's too far over an extra 100%). Projectiles cast using Overflow can be made to have special effects, such as dealing more damage, inflicting a debuff, etc, or just even firing additional projectiles.
The Mystic's weapons hit with a specific damage type called mystic damage. Accessories and armor can be used to augment mystic damage output and provide generic 'damage' buffs alongside their three modes of attacks to increase damage significantly.
Mystic Duration will increase the duration of debuffs applied to enemies while using the Illusion mysticism. This will affect the lifespan of all Mystic projectiles, making it extremely useful for Conjuration.
There are some accessories that trigger the effects upon changing Mysticisms (if it is off cooldown). The cooldown is now visible if it is active, so players can definitively see when they will Burst again (You also get the "Recharged" sound effect, like when your mana hits full or when swords are able to shoot projectiles again). The Cooldown Rate can be buffed by accessories.
|Freya's Fley||Hermes' Flight||Frigg's Phalanx|
|Yuletide||Gaia's World||Pluto's Frost|
|Loki's Staff||Hades' Judgement||Vulcan's Wrath|
|Cupid's Bow||Gladius of The Great Moldyrian||Mars' Fury|
|Dionysus' Bloom||Hallow's Eve|
- Each mode of each weapon has unique attacks that do Mystic damage.
- While they have their own damage type, it does not support critical strike chances.
- It is also in the fact that they don't have modifiers.
- As of current version, there are 11 Mystic weapons in the game.
- Originally, it was going to be a class revolving around debuffing your enemies with high damage debuffs but was changed to a new system before being added.
- 0.12.3: Implemented lots of Mystic weapon reworks
- Thanks, Sam!
- 0.12.1: Refactored Mystic Items
- Thanks, Dradon!
- 0.11.8: For Honor and For Glory no longer boost Mystic damage twice
- 0.11.7.4: Fixed a bug where Mystic Burst items didn't work in MP
- Made AnDio & Steampunk Mystic Bursts more interesting & more powerful
- 0.11.7.2: Added descriptions of all the Illusion effects to the tooltips of all Mystic weapons.
- Buffed/Nerfed certain Illusion debuffs.
- Made most Illusion effects now affect bosses.
- Mystic Weapons now display a damage value that is closer to the general damage that the weapon deals.
- 0.7.0: Introduced.