Dune Sharkron, like most other bosses, does not spawn on his own and requires the player to summon him with the Tasty Morsel.
Dune Sharkron behaves similarly to the Sand Shark. As Dune Sharkron goes underground, he will attack using projectiles, these inflict 10 Damage. He will also frequently attack by launching itself forward similar to the Sand Shark.
- Once summoned, he will start following you around that can deal damage and starts firing multiple dune spikes for few seconds when he starts firing again.
- At his below 75% health, he'll immediately start summoning sandnadoes that follow you and start taking damage towards you.
- Once his health is below, he became aggressive and starts firing dune spikes faster.
In Expert Mode:
- His health is increased along with his damage boosted up.
- This boss can be tough as he starts following you around fast and can fly towards you.
- High speed/mobility will allow you to avoid most of Dune Sharkron's attacks. Grappling hooks are also required as he will fly into the mid-air.
- Building a platform arena will allow you to avoid his attacks while dodging him easily.
- The Slimy Saddle can be used to bounce on the boss, inflicting extra damage while being relatively safe.
- 0.14.0: Revamped Dune Sharkron.
- Dune Sharkron now drops Golden Chest loot (as well as Pyramid loot).
- 0.13.0: Dune Sharkron is no longer Daylocked
- 0.12.9: Added Crystilla- a new drop from Dune Sharkron
- 0.12.7: Dune Sharkron can now only be summoned in the Desert. Resprited
- 0.12.1: Dune Sharkron is now a Desert boss instead of just a Daytime boss.
- Added Etherial Dune Sharkron
- 0.11.5: Made Dune Sharkron's Sandnados launch you into the air
- 0.6.0: introduced